Last Updated: March 12, 2021
MUFG Union Bank, N.A.: If you have a financial product or service with MUFG Union Bank, N.A. and its U.S affiliates and subsidiaries, please see our MUFG Union Bank, N.A. Privacy Notice and our PurePoint Financial Privacy Notice, which federal law requires us to give to certain consumers to explain what we do with their personal information, how we may share it and how the law allows consumers to limit our sharing of the information.
Notices for California Residents: If you are a California resident, please see our California Consumer Privacy Statement. If you have a financial product or service with MUFG Union Bank, N.A., please see our MUFG Union Bank, N.A. Important Privacy Choices for California Residents and our PurePoint Financial Important Privacy Choices for California Residents which California law requires us to give to certain consumers. If you are a California resident and apply for a job with us, please see our California Careers Privacy Statement.
Information We Obtain
We obtain personal information about you in various ways, such as when you visit our Digital Properties. We also may obtain personal information about you offline, such as when you call, mail or fax us, or interact with us at one of our office or branch locations. In addition, we may obtain information about you when you send or receive payments to or from one of our customers.
The types of personal information we may obtain includes:
- Contact information, such as name, telephone number and postal and email address;
- Login credentials, such as password and security questions and answers;
- Account information, financial history and transaction information, such as account number, routing number and other unique customer identification numbers, credit or debit card information, account balances, payment history, insurance information, income information, assets and investment experience;
- Demographic information, such as age, nationality, date of birth, education or professional information, marital status, ethnicity, race, sex, gender and military or veteran status;
- Government-issued identification information, such as Social Security number or tax identification number, passport or driver’s license data, and other information related to government-issued identification;
- Information provided by vendors and other entities that perform services on our behalf, information services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit history and other consumer report information;
- Video and audio information, such as images, video and audio that may be collected or processed through our security cameras, closed-circuit television, recorded phone lines and other technologies, where permitted by law;
- Biometric data, such as your facial template or eye scan template;
- Information about how you use your mouse or keyboard or how you move your finger over a screen on our Apps;
- Location information based on services you request (e.g., helping you locate the nearest ATM);
- Telephone carrier information, such as network status, customer type, customer role, billing type, mobile device identifiers (IMSI and IMEI) and other subscriber status details;
- Other information you choose to provide, such as through our “Contact Us” feature, emails or other communications, social media pages, surveys, registrations and sign-up forms;
- Publicly-available information, such as from social media services.
When you visit our Sites and Portals, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, web server logs and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. The information we collect in this manner may include your device IP address, unique device identifier, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, clickstream data, and dates and times of website visits.
When you use our Apps, we also may collect certain information by automated means, such as through device logs, server logs and other technologies. The information we collect in this manner may include the device type used, the mobile operating system, device identifiers and similar unique identifiers, device settings and configurations, IP addresses, battery and signal strength, usage statistics, referring emails and web addresses, dates and times of usage, actions taken on the App, and other information regarding use of the App. In addition, as indicated above, we may collect your device’s geolocation information. Your device’s operating platform may provide you with a notification when the App attempts to collect your precise geolocation. Please note that if you decline to allow the App to collect your precise geolocation, you may not be able to use all of the App’s features or the offers available through the App.
We may use these automated technologies on our Digital Properties to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our Digital Properties; (3) tailor the Digital Properties around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our Digital Properties and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our products and services, and help ensure they are working properly.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified about certain types of automated collection technologies and how to restrict or disable them. Please note, however, that without these technologies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Digital Properties. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
As part of our ongoing efforts to enhance our online security and protect your information, we may place a private key on your device to help us identify the device as belonging to you. The use of a private key on your device assists you in conducting your online banking transactions.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the personal information we obtain to:
- Provide our products and services;
- Process and fulfill transactions in connection with our products and services;
- Communicate with you (including providing you with offers and other communications about our products and services), respond to inquiries and offer customer support;
- Establish and manage accounts;
- Report to credit bureaus;
- Verify your identity;
- Personalize your experience on our Digital Properties;
- Advertise and market our products and services;
- Administer participation in surveys, sweepstakes, promotions or other programs;
- Establish and manage our business relationships;
- Provide products and services to our B2B clients and facilitate their end-users’ use of our products and services;
- Perform analytics (including but not limited to market research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and analysis of our customer base), and anonymization of personal information);
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing, improving and analyzing our products and services; managing our communications; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Authenticate an online transaction or assist you in conducting your online transactions;
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our Digital Properties, products and services and prevent misuse;
- Exercise our rights and remedies and defend against legal claims, including claims against our affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners;
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and MUFG policies, including but not limited to those relating to anti-money laundering, economic sanctions, and anti-terrorism; and
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We may use third-party analytics services on our Digital Properties, such as Google Analytics. The information we obtain through the Digital Properties may be disclosed to or collected directly by these services. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
The Digital Properties are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers.
Information We Share
We may share the information we obtain about you with our affiliates and subsidiaries and with our joint marketing or business partners. We also may share the information we obtain about you with third-party vendors and other entities to perform services on our behalf, such as website hosting, data analytics, advertising, payment processing and other services. In addition, we may share personal information with (1) other companies in connection with co-branded products, services or programs and (2) consumer reporting agencies.
We also may disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or self-regulatory organizations; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, and those of our affiliates, subsidiaries or business partners; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity or (6) otherwise with your consent or as directed by your representative.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
Your Rights and Choices
You may update certain aspects of your account details and settings by logging into your account on our Digital Properties
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, disposal or use.
When deleting personal information, MUFG takes reasonable precautions to dispose of the personal information through a secure method.
Social Security Numbers
It is MUFG’s policy to protect the confidentiality of Social Security Numbers that we collect in the course of our business. This includes maintaining administrative, technical and physical safeguards against unauthorized access to Social Security Numbers. It is MUFG’s policy to prohibit the unlawful disclosure of Social Security Numbers.
Links to Third-Party Services and Features
For your convenience and information, our Digital Properties may provide links to other online services, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins. These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by MUFG, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
Personal Information of Other Individuals
How to Contact Us
MUFG Union Bank, N.A.
1980 Saturn Street
Mail Code V03-955
Monterey Park, CA 91755-7417
For general inquiries about our privacy practices, you may also contact us at email@example.com.