Safe Online and Mobile Banking
PurePoint® Financial invests in technology and processes to help ensure a secure electronic environment for all your transactions, data transmissions, and communications with us. However, online security and protection of your identity and personal information is a team effort. That’s why we recommend you take steps to shield yourself and your computer from attempts to obtain your personal information electronically:
- Do not share your user ID or password with anyone.
- Do not send or receive personal or account information by unsecure or unencrypted email.
- Use Online Banking to check your account balance and transactions regularly. Notify us immediately of unexpected account activity.
- Never respond to, click any link in or open an attachment in an email that requests information about you or your accounts. PurePoint Financial never makes such requests. If you accidentally click or respond to such requests, contact us immediately.
Here are some additional steps you can take to protect yourself:
- Create Effective Passwords. They’re an essential first line of defense in protecting yourself and your information.
- Be on the alert for Phishing, a process in which fraudsters try to commit fraud through illegitimate emails, text messages and instant messages.
- Use anti-spyware software to protect your computer from Spyware and other dangerous software that hackers may use to extract sensitive information from your computer.