Our Online Security Practices
At PurePoint® Financial, your security and privacy are our highest priorities. We protect you by:
- Securing your information with industry-standard encryption.
- Setting strict requirements for passwords.
- Requiring multi-factor authentication for certain transactions.
- Automatic log-out after a period of inactivity.
- Ongoing and proactive suspicious activity monitoring.
We also ask that you take precautions such as keeping your User ID and password safe, running an updated version of your virus protection software, and notifying us immediately if you suspect fraudulent activity. Learn more about our online security practices.
Tips for choosing more-secure passwords:
Create original passwords that contain a combination of letters, numbers, and even special characters (#, &, %) if allowed.
Use both capital and lowercase letters (if your password can be case sensitive).
Ensure that your passwords are at least eight characters.
- Your Social Security number.
- Account numbers.
- Phone numbers or addresses.
- Birth dates or anniversaries.
- Obvious or common nicknames.
- Names of relatives or pets.
- Common words from the dictionary.
- Additional precautions:
- Use a unique password for each service or website.
- Choose a password you can easily remember, so you don't have to write it down.
- Change your passwords at least twice a year.
See links below for ways to help safeguard your information online:
Help Protect Your Computer From Spyware
Spyware allows hackers to extract sensitive data from your computer.
Safe Online and Mobile Banking
Online security and protection of your identity and personal information is a team effort.