CONNECT WITH CONFIDENCE
How you access the internet can be as important as the Websites you visit. Using a secure network is your first line of defense.
Secure Your Home Network
- Use a trusted cable or Internet vendor, and the most updated encrypted secure network system: Wireless Protected Access (WPA2).
- Change factory-set passwords to a strong, complex password. See our best Password Tips below.
For Work & General Use
- Avoid public networks and Wi-Fi hotspots; cybercriminals often target them.
- Conduct all online activities on a secure network, or within a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- Surf using “Safe Browsing” sites, such as Google Safe Browsing. Your antivirus program may also offer a similar feature.
- Connect mobile devices securely to your home or mobile network. Avoid using public Wi-Fi.
- Only download applications from reputable sources.
- Turn off your geolocation settings when they are not needed.
Basics & Maintenance
- Remember, only HTTPS Web addresses are truly secure. Avoid accessing personal information when connected to an unsecure network or Website.
- Access your Web browser’s privacy settings periodically to delete and restrict cookies (files which track your activity online).